Taking Care of Business

Posted by Dan , Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:18 PM

It has been a while since I have updated my blog, but today felt like the day that I should. Let me give a little history since I graduated in May of 2011. I started out by moving in with my sister Shannon and her husband Kevin. I did the usual job hunt, but was having a hard time finding something worth my while. Then literally by about a minute I got the right job. I was driving to sign the contract for a job that I really didn't want, and got a call from Priority Dispatch. They provide 911 protocol and software to dispatch agencies. The next week I was working at a new job, being productive and happy. My title was Technical Support Representative, and included customer support and internal IT. I started on August 1st 2011. I loved the job, and feel like I performed well at it, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted long term. Management was creating a new position in the company and wanted me to have it. I was offered the job a while ago, but today I officially have the title of Network Administrator.  

HR needed a photo for the announcement. The suit must be lucky. Thanks Dave.
I never thought that I would have the job position that I wanted this early in my career. A lot of you have helped me along the way, and I am grateful to have you in my life. I plan on staying here for a while, and see where life takes me. Professionally I am in a great place. Now I just need to find someone that can help me start a family.

2 Response to "Taking Care of Business"

Ann Says:

Congratulations Dan! We love you and always knew you would be successful! I'm sure Dave's happy you're going places in his suit!

Unknown Says:

I didn't expect to be crying after reading your blog, but I am because I'm so so happy for you, and also, of course, seeing you in Dave's suit. (It looks great on you.) You are so amazing and I think the world of you. I know it won't be long before you find that right girl either. Congrats! Love you!

Post a Comment